Tuesday, January 19, 2016

2016 and Beyond!

Years ago I was sitting at Uprise Bakery enjoying a roasted veggie sandwich with my friend, Mary, what I had learned from (let's call it) 2008.  Mary and I have gone on find and marry our husbands, get a dog (or two), buy houses and have babies.  While I cannot completely remember what was on my "What I Learned List" I can guarantee it was nothing compared to what I learned in 2015.  

What I Learned in 2015 (in no particular order):
1.) You never know what is going on inside someone else's relationship 
2.) Given 5 hours of sleep and enough Starbucks iced coffee, I can rule the world 
3.) Babies are the biggest blessing in life 
4.) My husband, Will, is the best partner and father in the world 
5.) I cannot control other people, I can only control my reactions to them 
6.) Nars- Damage is my definitive lip color
6.) Patience is not one of my virtues and I should work on that 
7.) Working out is good for the body and mind 

My husband's cousin and dear friend Tony came to visit us when Ava was about 6 weeks old and as we were standing in my kitchen together he told me that he had said to Will, "I hope you look around and enjoy what is happening in your life, you have great little tribe here."  Not only is that the sweetest thing ever! (and he's single ladies) but it was also a reminder to stop always looking forward to the next thing and just enjoy the present.  I have mentioned this in a previous blog, but it will continue to be a focus for me in 2016- Stop the Glorification of Busy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment