Sunday, October 18, 2015

Local and Fabulous

After a busy week at work I was ready to enjoy a quiet weekend with Ava and Will.  On Saturday we did some errands and played with the baby. 

I mean, how cute is she?
 
I went to one of my new favorite stores Bloom.  I love it for two reasons, the first is that it's my aesthetic of basic wear that can be mixed and matched and because it's locally owned.    
 
Keep it local and fabulous

On Saturday night I made our weekly menu:
For Dinner:
Taco Night
Clam Chowder
BLTs
Freezer meal (I made several meals before Ava was born thinking I would need them after we brought her home.... still haven't cracked into them so let me know if you would like a frozen lasagna)
For the Week:
Life Changing Bread
Blueberry and Coconut Granola Bars
Sweet Potato Acorn Squash Lunches

I have discovered (maybe later than everyone else) the bulk food section of Fred Meyer.  I've only ever used that section to buy dried figs for a steakhouse salad I make during the summer but then I realized I should be buying almost everything from that section.  Not only is that section mostly organic but it's also very inexpensive- I bought a jar of dried basil for $0.11!!!! I had to restock some more spices with taco night this week. 

Taco Mix
2 TBSP smoked paprika (Penzy's is the best)
2 TBSP arrowroot (or cornstarch)
1 TBSP cumin
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne (or to taste)
* 1 TBSP per pound of meat

 


Have a good week! We are worn out!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment