Sunday, October 4, 2015

No Cell Service.....Perfect

Will asked last weekend if I wanted to get away for the weekend with the baby, of course I said YES!!!! He wanted to go out to the coast of Washington to and spend the day hiking down the beaches of the Olympic National Park.  (Big thank you to my in-laws who watched our dogs for us!)

Leading up the weekend I was seriously thinking about living in the present and how I want to embrace the now.  I'm someone who always has something going on...."in our next house"...."when I lose weight"....."when the baby's older"....."when I'm in better shape".   A huge part of this change of mindset has been to just do the things I put off doing.  I'm working on the garden, I'm buying the Lululemon shirt, I'm taking longer hikes with my husband.  And then I dawned on me that if I want to be fully able to capture the present I need to lose the distractions from it!  TV isn't a big part of our daily routine, in fact I don't think the TV has been on once since I returned to work from maternity leave about 4 weeks ago.  But! what I lack in television I make up for in Facebook feeds and Instagram refreshes. I'm tired of being busy with things I'm not actually doing- so I Friday I signed off! See you in November!  



Saturday we headed for the coast! Upon arriving at our first destination Will looks down at his phone to call his parents and said, "No cell service....perfect," smiled and put his phone away and we enjoyed an uninterrupted first trip with our baby. 












1 comment:

  1. Love how happy you all look! And you're setting an excellent example, letting "always doing" go. Really wish I hadn't gotten back on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete